Monday, October 27, 2008

Yay Good News! :)

Why hello again! I thought I'd write a quick post to share some good news I got today.

I had a meeting with Dr. M. to talk about my mammogram and ultrasound. I guess she and the radiologist discussed the findings. They decided that since my tumors have responded so well to the chemo, and since this "mystery lymph node" (I call it that because it's a little bit too big, and we were worried that there could be cancer there... and that's a bad thing because it leads to cancer spreading ...) has not changed in size, it implies that there might not be cancer in my lymph nodes.

She said "I don't think there's cancer in your lymph node." I wanted to jump up and celebrate! Of course, there's always the chance that she's wrong. But it was good to hear that maybe there's no cancer there, and maybe there never was! Plus, that would put me at Stage 1 and not Stage 2, which has a better prognosis. And maybe with FEC (nah, let's just say IT'S GONNA HAPPEN, none of this "maybe" crap) I can shrink the tumors down to a Stage 0. Wouldn't that be SWEET?

Yay I love good news! I really hope Dr. M. is right!

3 comments:

chartier/roberts said...

Great news Carrie! I'm so glad to hear it!

Anonymous said...

I hope they are just big nodes and nothing more.

p.s. I love your blue hair wig!!

Anonymous said...

oops...forgot to say that last comment was from jen (aka jdicocco)