Tuesday, October 7, 2008

If Cancer Were a University, I'd Go to FU-Cancer

Can you believe it? Chemo 10 is done! Now all I need to do is pack for California-- bikini, flip flops (flap flaps!), book, sunglasses, done? Nah, just kidding, it's Norcal, sillies!

So I'm leaving on a jet plane tomorrow and will be kickin' retiree-style in Carmel, and then off to San Francisco on Saturday, October 11, sometime. Then back to the Centennial State (yeah that's Colorado... we became a state in 1876!) on Monday, October 13. And then on Tuesday...

Tuesday, October 14...

Hmmmm what happens?

OH YEAH IT'S MY BIRTHDAY! PARTY TIME! GIFTS, CARDS, MONEY-- ALL ACCEPTED WITH GRATITUDE! Ha, I was just kidding about that last part, but some positive birthday vibes would be wonderful...

Nothing like an old lady disease to make you feel like a spring chicken! 26 years young!

I made a secret (well... not so secret...) vow to myself on my birthday last year that I would not have an ordinary life. I should have been more specific...

Oh, and for those who have been listening carefully... Chemo 11, which normally would be on my birthday, has been postponed to Wednesday, October 15. First birthday without a hangover in... years!

So forget cancer, I'm gonna have a sweet week! You guys do the same!

2 comments:

the blond asian said...

Happy Happy Birthday!!
Remember, once all this is over. We go to Fuji!!

Unknown said...

Hey Carrie. Happy birthday from the girls over at the private lesson desk. shannon told us about your blog and we've been checking it regularly, and have been thinking of you even more often. hope you're feeling better and hope to see you soon. have fun in cali, we're all pretty jealous.
miss you and hope to see you soon!
Patty, Kerry, Emily, and Sam