Saturday, September 20, 2008

I Wonder How That Happened...?

Somehow I neglected to write a post about the day I was diagnosed. So I wrote one, and it's waaaay back on July 16 ("My Date Which Will Live in Infamy"). So there!

I'm having a pretty decent week. The trick really is to get the hell out of bed early (hehehe that means before 10:00 a.m. for me...!) and make sure to move around. It helps so much. Every day this week I've walked at least two miles. I gotta keep it up, and I think it is helping me drop some of that extra 4-5 pounds I've added. Lemme tell ya, it's hard to tell yourself "No, you can't have dessert with every meal," when you can so easily follow it up with "OK, fine, you do have cancer, so what can it hurt?" A little walking, a little less indulgence, and things are starting to look a little better.

I think I need to clean my room. No, I know I need to clean my room. So I'll go work on that and quit avoiding the necessary! I might even go for a hike today... if not, an "urban hike," a.k.a. a walk...

No comments: