Thursday, September 18, 2008

California Or Bust (as if there weren't enough things going on with my bust!)

I received my 7th Taxol treatment on Tuesday. Whoo hoo! I'm on the downward slope of Taxol, which is great. I do feel like I'm making progress in finishing treatment. But it's long and slow. Luckily for me, I know some really cool people in California, and I just booked flights last night for a visit. I'm so excited! I'll be hanging out in Carmel for a few days and San Francisco for a few days. And the flights were really well priced-- two one-way tickets, Denver to San Jose and San Francisco to Denver, for $189!

So now I have about three weeks to look forward to my trip, or in other methods of time measurement, three treatments. After Chemo 10, I will enjoy six days of beaches, good food, and even better company! I can't wait! And the day after I return to good ol' Colorado, I will turn 26. CAKE! And ice cream! Cool! I think I'm going to have Chemo 11 moved to October 15 so I don't have to have an infusion on my birthday.

See, I told you October is a cool month! Race for the Cure, California Adventures, and Birthday! And Halloween! I'm thinking about going as Mr. Clean because I will be bald!

At my follow-up appointment, we talked about the next phase of chemotherapy drugs and side effects. Yuck. I'll tell you more about that in another post because my eyes are getting tired looking at the screen and you're probably getting bored too.

Until next time!

3 comments:

tiddinmidd said...

Sleep naked and you won't have any problems with the night sweats...I know...I mean...uh...what did you say?

Anonymous said...

I am happy for you to be taking a trip. I hope this will treat you well!! Have fun, be safe. Take plenty of funny hats for sunblock!!! Hope we can talk sometime.

Carrie said...

Silly Kater, I do sleep naked!

Whoa, I mean... uh...