Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Today is the Day!

Today is the day that I finally feel as good as I usually do. YAY! I wonder how I'll be feeling in the next 12 days (that's how many days until my next treatment, November 18), hopefully better and better!

It was really great yesterday to go to my follow up and not have to get chemo. A girl could get used to this.

Those really sick days are almost a memory (short memory, huh?); I'd rather live in the moment when I feel well. I know there will be more sick days to come, but today is the first day I haven't needed to lie down and haven't felt exhausted by 7:30 p.m. and haven't needed a nausea pill. The feeling in the bottoms of my feet is back. And the bad taste in my mouth is gone. While I am losing my hair again, my nails are still dark, and I still can't taste that well, I'd say we're makin' progress folks. I went for a walk to the grocery store to pick up ingredients to make banana nut muffins with streusel topping. And my back didn't hurt enough to take any Tylenol! I hope I'm not speaking too soon, but I'm planning on feeling better and better, and the original goal was to be feeling good by Friday. Wahoo, I'm early!

If you'd like a description of what a bad chemo day feels like, it feels like the WORST hangover you've ever had for about the first three days. And it gets better VERY slowly. And for the past 8 days I've had an "icky" feeling that endures all day, which somehow involves a mild headache, a weird tummy, and a restlessness in my body.

Well, it's not yet 10:00 p.m. and I'm tired. I had a pretty boring day, but at least I felt good! I hope every treatment I can be feeling good by the Wednesday 9 days after.

I'm thinking about going skiing at Copper this weekend. Anyone planning on going? Or want to? I'm sure it'll just be some groomers, but I know it's been snowing up there...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want to go skiing at Copper! Too bad I am in Connecticut right now. Boo.