Friday, August 1, 2008

EKG

Today's big cancer-related appointment was an EKG. An EKG is essentially an ultrasound of the heart, so there's no pain or needles or anything, just some cold gel. It hurt me a little, just because my arm was still pretty sore from my port placement, but nothing to write home about. The technician took pictures with her little machine and measured some things, and when the machine played the sounds of my heart beating, it sounded like plunging the toilet. It only took a few minutes and I was out of there to start living my life!

I went to see Hancock with my bro and mom. OK movie but not great. Lately (as in maybe the last year or so) I can't watch violent movies or movies where the camera moves around too much. It gives me motion sickness. It's weird, but I get a strong urge to vomit at these types of movies (such as The Bourne Ultimatum... ugh).

I tried to call my insurance company because I got a message saying that they had not authorized my chemo treatment. The woman at my oncologist's office assured me that it would get worked out on Monday, as my doctor was on vacation and would fix everything when she got back. I was a little annoyed because my chemo appointment was for 9:00 on Monday, and I really wanted to get started. But I'm not really worried that it won't go through; it just seems to be some sort of miscommunication, or at least that's what the insurance coordinator on the phone led me to believe.

I went over to my parents' house to have some sandwiches and hang out with my brother. It was a nice night together.

No comments: