Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Quick Update from Gloomsville, My Temporary Residence

I got my drain out today. It hurt a little, but hey, pain comes with the territory and it wasn't a big deal. The medical assistant who pulled it told me that some people deal with those things for 3 weeks! Mine was out in about 5 days. It sucked to have to drive all the way to Denver for a 10 minute appointment, but I'm happy to have the thing out. I didn't hate it as much as some people did, but it was unpleasant.

Also, I rescheduled my surgery for February 9. I just didn't want to wait any longer than necessary, and the appointments that were already scheduled for that day are meaningless since I'll be having another surgery. Plus, maybe this way I can eat some birthday cake (or Toasted Almond Pie) with my dear friend Amber on her birthday.

As far as radiation goes, I rescheduled my consultation appointment to Feb. 23 because apparently I have to have time to heal. After that, I schedule a simulation appointment, and then my daily radiation appointments will start. Apparently it will take up to two weeks after my consultation to do the simulation. Fantastic. I wonder if we could make this process take any longer. As it's so enjoyable and all.

As you can see, I'm still in a pretty lousy mood. I'm going to lie low for the next bit until I deem myself worthy of human companionship. I'm seriously no fun right now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you are feeling so shitty these days. I'm not feeling that peachy myself these days. I can't wait for all this crap to be done, for both of us. We don't deserve to go through this. No one does, but especially at 25 and 26 years old. It sucks. I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired. I know you are too. I hope we both get over this cancer crap quickly and with as little drama as possible.

Anonymous said...

Uggh, Carrie. You made me cry reading your last 2 posts. I want everything to be over for you this second or you know yesterday.

We will have lots of fun and maybe get a little drunk in less than a month in dallas. Then you can resume your treatment and get it over with and get back on the slopes all the time :)
~Melinda