Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A Little This, A Little That... But Most of All, GOOD NEWS!

Hey everyone! I have so much stuff up in this noisy head of mine that I need to do a brain dump. So here's a mish-mash of a lot of stuff! I just added ALL my Mexico photos, and then Blogger didn't save them, and then my Internet Explorer page closed for whatever reason, and now they're gone. And it takes forever and is annoying, so I'm just going to have to do it again later.

This is sort of a big week. I had a breast MRI yesterday, which was mostly uneventful because they don't tell you anything at your appointment. The first nurse who was supposed to put in my IV for the contrast (they put liquid contrast stuff in you so they can see things better) started things off by scaring me. She stretched the tourniquet and broke it. That didn't bode well. Then she tried to hit my vein with the IV needle and couldn't get it. She tried again on my wrist and didn't get it. Then she called another nurse over and she got it. I have pretty good veins, so I hate it when I have newbies who miss them. Oh well, it wasn't that bad, just unpleasant. Perfect for a Monday.

Anyway, the big deal appointment is tomorrow. I get to meet with my surgeon, finally! I haven't seen her for almost 6 months, since I've been doing chemo first. It feels so great to finally be moving toward surgery in a REAL way. HOORAY! It'll be nice to finally know what surgery I'm really going to have, what kind of recovery I can expect, where I will have scars, how many and how long they will be, what kind of anesthesia, and most of all, a final pathology report telling us whether there's any cancer in my lymph nodes. Please, everyone, please please please pray that there is no cancer there! I'm really hoping I can schedule surgery as soon as next week, but... who knows...

I didn't say in my last post that I went to the zoo on Saturday. It was a free day, and it was nice to stroll around (in the cold...) and look at animals.

OK, so I wrote that stuff yesterday, but today I got some REALLY good news! I called my oncologist's office to see if anyone would talk to me about my MRI results. My oncologist herself called back and had good news. She said my results were "marvelous," which was a good start! My tumors used to be about 2.5 cm each, but now one is 0.47 cm and the other is not visible on the MRI! She also said it doesn't look like there is any cancer in my lymph node, which was a relief. Although we will only know for sure after my surgery.

To celebrate, I took myself out to dinner for Vietnamese food. A certain "Shaniqua Johnston" said I should pamper myself, so I did. Delicious! Also, a dinner alone is kind of nice from time to time.

Well, pictures will be posted again later. I'm still annoyed about that. But oh well, today is a good day! And hopefully tomorrow I will meet with my surgeon, go skiing, and then tell you all about it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hurray hurray hurray!!!! I love good news! Yeah for benign looking lymph nodes. I hope surgery is soon, quick, and not too painful.
Hurray again :)

-jen DiCocco

Anonymous said...

YAY Good news for once, I'm with Jen I love it. Your tumors shrunk so much that is amazing! I hope you get surgery scheduled asap so that you can just get it over with.

~Melinda