Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Post-Chemo Update

Hey yous guys! Guess what? I should be feeling like a puddle of slime, but I actually feel pretty good. I don't know why; maybe the slimy feeling is waiting for later. Or maybe I have become superwoman and am impervious to side effects! Wouldn't that be great? I think maybe the skiing helped somehow-- moving my body and getting some of the extra icky stuff out my system. I don't feel GREAT, but I feel very decent. I'll probably rest and relax all day and go to bed really early again, but... so far no evidence of "The Ghost." This is awesome (so far)!

I went into the chemo place today to get my Neulasta shot and hydration. I've had about 5 liters of fluid today, 4 that I drank and 1 intravenously. And my mouth is still so dry! My sister and mom went out for me to get me a little humidifier, which might help. I hope it does. They also got me some more of this mouthwash that helps a little too. It's already so dry here... The dry mouth is a really annoying side effect.

I forgot to tell you guys about my hairs! I am growing hairs! I plucked my eyebrows for the first time in months the other day. And I can see my eyelashes returning-- they're all the same length and look funny! And there's a light crop of short hairs returning to my scalp. Will they stay? Who knows!??!? But it's exciting to see them there anyway!

Well, keep your fingers crossed, or send positive vibrations, or pray for me that the "Ghost" stays away this time! If it does, I might go ski on Friday (pushing it, I know, and I doubt it'll happen...). Love you all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You'll be hairy Carrie again in no time.