Sunday, December 28, 2008

Finishing Chemo with a Tan

Hey all, just a quick one to let you know that I'm back from Mexico and had a marvelous time! Nothing bad happened health-wise, except for a bit of a grumpy stomach, which I think comes naturally after a week in Mexico.

Every day was drenched in sunshine, and I got to swim in the Caribbean every full day we were there. There was some snorkeling, lots of reading, tons of relaxing, a little tanning, and most of all, very frequent eating. It was wonderful! Being around the whole family for the week was fantastic, not stressful at all, and the whole vacation took my mind away from all thoughts of cancer. Being back, it still isn't on my mind full time. I think that will change with my upcoming treatment, but it's nice to feel like my brain has been refreshed by the warm, salty breeze of Playa del Carmen.

I took pictures, of course, but we're having Internet issues at home. I'm currently blogcasting (a word?) to you from a coffee shop downtown, and I forgot to bring my camera to upload the pix. Ah, manana (imagine a squiggly line above that first "n" please).

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas; I know I did, though it was certainly non-traditional. I think I had fajitas for Christmas dinner? Anyway, while you're at it, have a happy New Year's too. FEC #4 is on Dec. 30, so I'm guessing I'll be down for the count on New Year's Eve. But that's OK, I don't have anyone around I'd really like to kiss at midnight, and I'm doing the best I can to shy away from the booze. Without the kiss and the drinks, what's left to make a New Year's Eve special? Exactly.

As far as that ultrasound I had before I left goes, I still didn't get any clarification at my appointment because the report hadn't made its way to the oncologist's office yet. I have an appointment tomorrow with my actual oncologist, whom I haven't seen in what feels like forever, and will hopefully be able to report back more information then.

I can't believe chemo will be over after I recover from this last one. 5 months flies by when you're feeling like crap! I've learned many a lesson from this experience, but alas, that will have to be saved for another time, another post.

Until then, be merry!

(BTW, my eyebrows are coming in nicely!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hurray for this being the last FEC!!!! No more chemo in the New Year!! (wish I could join you on that one) I hope the side effects are minimal this round.
I'm glad that you had a good xmas. I'm jealous that you spent it on the beach. I wish I could have been there with you.

-jen dicocco

Anonymous said...

Carrie, blogcasting from the coffeeshop! So high tech! Can't wait to see the pics.

Enjoy your hot chocolate! Is Chas there? If so, please ogle him a little for me.

the blond asian said...

Hey sweetie! Good luck with your last treatment. I'll be thinking of you.
If it makes you feel anybetter, I don't have anyone to kiss at midnight on New Year's Eve either! He'll be at home with his other woman. *sigh*

Love ya!