Tuesday, November 17, 2009

This is for Helen!

Here are a couple of photos of my most recent hair... making progress!

This is me and Beth, another young survivor diagnosed before 30. She's a mother of 2 and a really fun lady! I met her through the Young Survivor Coalition Message Board and we went through treatment at the same time. Her hair is longer I think (and not to mention cuter!) but this is what the growth looks like! We finally got to meet in real life at the Living Beyond Breast Cancer conference in Philadelphia last weekend.

This is me all made up for a breast cancer fundraiser in October. They colored my hair purple, but you can't see it, and now it's back to black (phew!). It was a fun experience but the event was really poorly put together. Anyway, my hair was really cool that day! And you can see my new boyfriend in the background in the mirror! :)






7 comments:

Beth said...

I am so glad I got to meet you in Philly! You are such a beautiful, smart, and sweet girl. I just hope the next time I get to spend more time with you. Oh and btw, your hair is MUCH cuter than mine!

Anonymous said...

Hi Carrie,

Thanks so much for the photos of your new hair. You look great! I have hope. I have had long hair for the past 25 years of my life ( I am 40 by the way). I went crazy in h.s. and cut my hair very short (actually looked like you in the photo from philly). That was when everyone cut their hair short (late '80s) By the way I am also Korean American! I finish my chemo in Feb so I am assuming I'd hair like yours next fall. Yikes - so long from now. I can't wait to finish. I just finished 4 AC and will begin taxol tomorrow. A little nervous.

I enjoyed reading your posts.

Thanks, Helen

Anonymous said...

Carrie, you look gorgeous, even prettier than b4/ca. your aunt judy

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog

一一 said...

You are such a beautiful,The blog was absolutely fantastic!Oil Paintings
Lots of great information and inspiration, both of which we all need!

Melissa said...

So nice to find your blog. My 26-yo sister was just diagnosed with breast cancer and reading your play-by-play really helped both put me at ease and prepare for the road ahead. Hope you're well even though it looks like this blog is no longer kept up (you're probably too busy with a new appreciation for life!). xo

David Haas said...

Hello,
I have a question about your blog. Please email me!
Thanks,
David