Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Here Comes Another Song About Mexico...

So Christmas was a REALLY long time ago, I know, but I finally loaded up all my pictures from my family's trip to Mexico. We all had a great time, and it was nice to look back on the fun times we had.
I took my camera with me only a few times, so the pictures I have aren't exactly representative of everything we did. Maybe if I get some pictures from other family members, I'll post them.
But without further ado, here are some photos from Playa del Carmen, Mexico!
Here's Mom getting searched by airport security. When she
wears her sunglasses inside, she looks like a movie star!




Here's Mom, Dad, Susan and me eating breakfast
at the airport before we depart. Yum!


The next photos are from a dinner at Yaxche, a Mayan restaurant. There's a beautiful patio in the back where you can eat outside. But it's very dark. You can see Mom and Dad using flashlights to read their menus.

David, Cristi and Michael are deciding what's for dinner.
Actually, David is smiling for the camera!


Here's Dad being a goofball, his typical self.




And me, drinking a delicious mixture of juices. Just juices, I swear!




Mom and Susan, smiling pretty!



And here's all of us, except Dad, who's taking the picture,
and Cristi, who got covered by Michael.



Here's a spotlight on my sister-in-law, since she got
covered by my brother in the last shot.


Here's me being silly. I was trying to imitate this really bizarre
statue across from our favorite restaurant.



And here's Susan being silly, kissing a statue near our house.

Susan and Carrie enjoying strawberry margaritas at Babe's.
This restaurant specializes in Thai food AND Swedish Meatballs.
Go figure.

And Dad and Michael enjoying their mango margs...


Mom enjoying a fine bottled water, and Dad with his margarita!



With our last remaining pesos, Susan and I bought these cool
handmade wool turtles. They're cool!


Here's out kitchen, with the housekeeper Marcela washing dishes.


The living room...

The room Susan and I shared...

Susan took this photo from inside, looking out our magnificent deck!


She also took this one. Hello Caribbean!

The patio, with Cristi, Dad, Mom and Susan...

The palapa covering the entrance to our house! (De nada, Palapa!)
A side view of the house...

Another view, to show you how close we were to the sea!



The front of the house...

This photo shows my sister-in-law Cristi, as well as the house we stayed
in the last time we were in Playa del Carmen.
The palm trees between our house and the beach.





Well, I hope everyone enjoyed a quick trip to Mexico. Remember the sun; it will be back again!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think the sun will ever come in CT. It is cold here. Every time my mom tells me it is 70 or more in CO I get so jealous! I love the pictures!

Kristin said...

I go to Cancun tomorrow morning!!!! WooHoo!!! I'll be sure to share the pics!

Anonymous said...

Hi Carrie.
It's Hoa (defeatbc) from youngsurvival.org
Good to see you and your family taking a good vacation. My family and I also went on a trip to Mexico (Cancun) last November. We called it the "F YOU CANCER!!!" vacation.
I think every cancer survivor should go on one of those... don't you think?